Sunday, 16 March 2014

Holiday Home Insurance

The Holiday season is fast approaching and at Advance Insurance we have access to a specialist scheme for
Holiday Homes.

Policy includes Property Owners' Liability of £5m as standard.

Employers' Liability cover available for cleaners, gardeners, caretakers and maintenance workers.

Legal cover can be added for just £25.00

Please call David Mann on 01249 463206 for a quotation or email your enquiry to

Saturday, 22 February 2014

Security Insurance

At Advance Insurance we have access to Insurers who specialize in offering tailor-made policies
for those who work in the Security Industry.

No two businesses are the same so it's vital  that you seek the right cover for complete peace of mind.

Options of Cover Available:
Employers Liability
Public Liability/Products Liability
Efficacy and Contractual Liability
Wrongful Arrest
Loss of Keys/Consequential Loss following loss of keys
Professional Indemnity
Financial Loss
Directors & Officers
Personal Accident
Legal Expenses

We also have access to a Doorman Insurance Scheme which can also accommodate the above options.

Call David Mann on 01249 463206 or email him at for a quotation.

Monday, 20 January 2014

Storm Damage - Things you should know.

With the recent high winds we've been having, I feel it would be important to remind our clients about the scope of their cover when it comes to Storm Damage; beit to their own home, a let property or an unoccupied property.

Unoccupied properties are often not covered against storm. When a property is unoccupied, the perils that the insurer will cover the property owner against are often restricted to just Fire, Lightning, Earthquake, Explosion and Aircraft only. Extended cover can be sourced which reinstates the standard perils (Storm, flood, escape of water etc) but this cover would carry a much higher premium and the maximum claim amount for the additional perils may be restricted to say £2,500 for any one claim.

One of the most common part of a property which would suffer damage in stormy conditions is fences. On any policy covering a property, it is common that storm damage to gates, fences and posts are excluded.

Another important point to note would be if your property has a flat roof. Flat roofs often carry an increased excess for ingress of water following a storm (typically £500). Also there would likely be an endorsement on the policy stating the flat roof needs to be annually inspected by a builder and for any defects to be immediately repaired.

If you are looking for a quote for your property or would like some advice, please call the commercial team on 01249 463206 or check out our website

Monday, 6 January 2014

Fleet Insurance

Employer's Responsibilities:

Employer's are legally responsible for employees who drive whilst at work and this extends
to employees who use their own private vehicles for business purposes.

Below are a few tips which will help ensure good fleet management and may help keep your premium costs
to a minimum;

Driver Safety:

Provide each driver with a handbook that sets out the driver's responsibilities.
This should include advice on what to do in the event of an accident.

Fleet Management:

Appoint a Fleet Manager
It's advisable and depending on size of company, compulsory to have a written Health & Safety policy.
Within this, a section on "driving at work" should be included.

Incident Reporting:
On appointment of a Fleet Manager, ensure that each and every incident is reported, logged and analysed.
This will help you notice any trends or training requirements.

Vehicle Safety:
Ensure that all employees who may drive for the company are vetted.
This should include an induction programme followed by regular assessment.
This will ensure that they hold the relevant licence and that they are medically fit.

For further information on Fleet Insurance or to obtain a quotation please contact our Commercial
Team on 01249 463206. We can quote on all sizes of fleets from 3 vehicles and upwards.

Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Restaurant Insurance

Each business has it's own individual insurance needs and Restaurants are a good example.

There are many factors to consider together with  important information that must be disclosed.
For example:  Do you have frying equipment? Do you provide entertainment? Do you have a bar
for use by the general public? Do you have a children's play area? Do you provide a takeaway service?
The above is not an exhaustive list but simply a prompt to get ones mind thinking about what you need to consider to ensure that you will be properly insured.

At Advance Insurance we have tailor made policies for Restaurants.

Many online quote systems will only ask for your required sums insured and details of the security
before providing you with a premium indication. This may leave you exposed if an Insurer is not aware
of the full facts.

Call Advance today to discuss your full requirements

Ricky Marshall or David Mann 01249 463206 or Email:

Friday, 22 November 2013

Office Insurance

Do you require Office Insurance?

Advance Insurance can offer independent expert advice to ensure you get the protection you require.

Below is a list of items commonly covered together with items that can be optional :

Tenants Improvements

General Contents

Office Based Computers

Portable Computers

Specialist Equipment

Business Interruption

Public & Employers' Liability

Money Cover

Terrorism (optional)

Personal Accident cover (optional)

Fidelity Insurance (optional)

For more information please contact Ricky Marshall on 01249 463206
Show less

Thursday, 14 November 2013

Employers Liability Tracing Office (ELTO) and Employer Reference Numbers (ERN)

Employers Liability (EL) insurance was made compulsory under the Employers’ Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act 1969. It effectively means that most employers need to purchase EL insurance in order to trade legally.
EL insurance enables employers to meet the cost of compensation should an employee suffer illness or injury related to the work they do, whether this occurs on or off-site.

Many business owners may be wondering why they have been asked to supply their broker/insurer with their ERN (Employer Reference Number) upon inception of a new policy, or renewal of an existing policy, which incorporates EL cover. The ERN number is passed by the broker/insurer to the Employers’ Liability Tracing Office (ELTO)
ELTO is an independent industry body comprising members who are EL insurers and is a proactive move by the insurance industry to meet its obligations to help those who have suffered injury or disease in the workplace identify the relevant insurer quickly and efficiently. Some injuries or illnesses can take many years to manifest themselves, so this is especially relevant where a company has ceased trading or there is no immediately obvious point of contact to advise of the insurer for a specific cover period.

At the heart of this process is a centralised database – the Employers’ Liability Database (ELD). Claimants, claimant lawyers, employers, brokers, insurers and defendant lawyers can use the search facility where there is a specific claim in question.

There are very few ERN exceptions.
In all cases where PAYE is operated, an ERN is allocated to the employer and the ERN applies to all
UK businesses employing one or more people.

A minority of employers do not have an ERN, including those that:
• Pay all employees below the Lower Earnings Limit, none of the employees has another job, and none of the employees is in receipt of a state or occupational pension or other employee benefits, or;
• Are registered in the Isle of Man, or the Channel Islands (these have no tax presence in the UK).

The ERN is found on many documents including P45, P60, P45, P60, P11/D and many payslips.
ERNs will normally begin with three numbers (representing the tax office whose catchment area the employer falls into) followed by a forward slash and then a combination of letters and numbers. e.g. 083/WY12345.

If you are insured through Advance Insurance Agencies Ltd (AIA) and you haven’t yet supplied your ERN number to us, please call 01249 463206 to do so.

For more information on the services AIA provide, please visit